I’m about to depart on a vacation so not exactly the time to start a new creativity project, but I know what will be on my list to tackle when I return….
One of my hesitations with our new home and new kitchen was the open shelving. It’s not something I am used to, but I know it is on trend right now and I’m willing to try it out. Our kitchen does not have any above counter closed shelving, just the two open shelves pictured below.
I have attempted to use some basic design ideas to set them up for the time being, but am faced with a few challenges:
- Without having any above counter closed shelving we do have a lot of dishes, supplies to keep close at hand
- We need to decide on “places” for everything so things always end up back in the same place
- It’s hard to explain why I want three bowls on two different shelves instead of all six in one spot. I know it’s not fully logical, but it looks so much better
I am looking forward to reading up a bit more about styling tips and suggestions and learning how to maximize AND stylize this space.
And while we’re at an update… what have I made since my last update? Well I’m not quite sure – I sorted my document and now I’m at a loss. Luckily I can tell a lot of the ones from my Pinterest updates. There may be a few missed hardcopies, but this is still a good list:
- An amaaaaaazing Veggie Lover’s Lasagna from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. I’ve had this pinned for years but could never get around to making lasagna in summer. So worth it. So!
- Damn Delicious’ Peach oatmeal muffins
- Lentil meatballs with burst tomato pasta. Meatballs were good but the pasta was a bit bland for us – next time I’d take Ella’s recommendation to whirl up the tomatoes into a sauce
- Sweet potato kale and quinoa fritters which were really yummy!
- Banana bread breakfast quinoa from Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth (such a great breakfast resource!)
- Quinoa stuffed roasted acorn squash from Our Small Hours – I had an acorn squash from my CSA box to use up yesterday, but didn’t want to buy a lot of other groceries so I went for something basic, but it was a bit too blah.
Enjoy the rest of your early fall – ciao!