The Farmer’s Market is just the best at this time of year. Everything looks big, colourful, fresh and delicious. It can be hard to choose what to limit yourself to each week. This was my limit yesterday:
This afternoon I made zucchini bread from the trust Betty Crocker cookbook and yesterday this Veggie Lover’s Lasagna from “cinnamon spice and everything nice” to make use of the patty pan squash portion of my CSA basket. I always pin spring and summer lasagnas on Pinterest but then never make them given the baking time in the summer but the weather took a bit of a break from our heat wave and I’m happy I gave it a try. The summer veggies worked perfectly!
I’ve also been making a lot of veggie bowls lately – this one is based off of the BBQ Tahini Power Bowl from “Veggies Don’t Bite” . That BBQ Tahini was delicious and enjoyed on many other things over the next few days!
What else have I made since my last update?
- Grilled zucchini, chickpea, tomato and goat cheese salad from Two Peas and Their Pod – this salad = summer. Also from the same blog was another yummy summer-time recipe in Blueberry Peach Crumble (great for a Bachelorette Finale evening with the girls)
- Maple peach pecan overnight oats from hot for food. I just got more peaches to make this again! It was fantastic!
- Maple drizzled protein shake from Vega. I haven’t seen maple water yet, but it tasted great with the suggested substitution.
- Roasted beet wedges with herbed tzatiki from Brooklyn Supper – a great beet side dish
- Haven’t forget about Thug Kitchen – I made their Peanut Slaw – unfortunately the first time I’ve been a bit disappointed with their recipes. Doesn’t mean I won’t try the rest though. This morning in fact we had pancakes from their pancake mix recipe!
- Green beans with gado gado sauce from Tosca Rena’s cookbook – not hugely successful here
- Green bean salad with herb-tahini dressing and toasted almonds from Dishing Up The Dirt. It was good, but still not my favourite. We have more green beans in the fridge – any suggestions for great recipes?
And that brings me up to 112 recipes tried this year. Powering through!